From:
christine belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:20:46 -0800
Howdy all!

I've been on and off this list for a while and the food 'debate' is always
interesting and informative.

I feed Mab Iam's kitten food -- she LOVES it.  Azriel, our pregnant kitty,
also eats Iam's kitten for the time being.  (No flames, please, I KNOW
how many homeless kitties there are.  These kitties will not be homeless).
Both my girls do really well on Iam's!  Mab started out on some kind of
ferret kibble -- it looked and smelled kinda lame, so I mixed it with
Iam's and gradually decreased the stuff; now she will eat nothing else.
Well, unless that something else is on my plate!  Her coat is much softer
and the "undercoat" -- she is a black sable -- is much whiter than it was
when we got her, when it was sort of yellowish.

What I was curious about is the no fruits or vegetables item in someone's
food post.  Actually it was a post regarding 8 in 1's dangerous treats for
ferrets OR guinea pigs (how are those two animals in any way similar?).
Mab likes the occasional banana chip or piece of dried fruit, but if this
would cause a blockage or increased risk of insulinoma, then I shall have
to buy some chicken baby food or something.  The heartbreak of insulinoma
and related illness is not something I would go through again if I could
do ANYTHING at ALL to prevent it!  I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy,
either!  I don't have much access to raw bones, though, so what IS a good
treat?  I tried some stinky canned cat food which we give the kitty for a
treat occaisionally, but it was snubbed.

thanks all,

christine
and Mab
and Azriel (babies on board!)