From:
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 08:52:16 -0800
>From:    STAR Feret <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: STAR* resource list

The AFA address is well published.  It is in every American Ferret Report
and on their web site.  Unless you've recently let your membership lapse and
thrown away all your AFA publications from this year you should have it.  It
is also in every show packet they send out and we believe you get those as
well.  Likewise our address is publishedin the AFR and our web-site.  We get
a lot of ferret oriented mail so I'm sure it has gotten out just fine.

>She does not follow up annually with calls or letters to make sure the
>listings are still accurate.

We have talked to her on the phone over when she was updating the list very
recently.  It is not as out of date as you claim.

>All I'm saying is that if a person is active with ferrets, then they
>should take the time to make sure they are represented correctly

We've never been represented correctly in the STAR list.  We are both a
shelter and a breeder and your list has never handled that.  If you wish to
run your list the wa you do than feel free.  We shall feel free to not cave
in to what almost seems a tad bit like extortion.  If being active in
ferrets means being beholden to you for some reason then I guess we and most
of our breeder/shelter friends are not active in ferrets.

As far as the AFA taling about donations.  They are a IRS register 501(c) -
i think I got that number right - charity and you are distorting their
message.  The AFA has a budget larger than all other ferret organizations
but if all donations were to be cut off they would have to curtail their
numerous activities.  The same thing could be said about every single
charitable organzation icluding the Catholic church which is probably the
richest organization on the planet (this is not anti-catholic just noting
that even the richest charities rely on donations).  The address for the AFA
is on that publication you cited...

We are done with this trivial issue.  We hadn't meant for it to go this
direction.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/