From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:34:46 -0700
My friend Sue wrote in asking for a checkup on her beautiful silver
girlie fert named Princess SweetiePie. Both Sue and Dave are greatly
saddened at their loss and I hope they both can take some comfort in
knowing that SweetiePie made it safely across the Rainbow Bridge and
she is doing just fine.

We managed to locate Cher and Zebby, we are still on the lookout for
Dweezil, Ginger, Mr. B. and Little Angel. There are so many ferts up
here, sometimes it takes us a few days to locate everyone for a
reunion. But we never stop trying and we have a great network of caring
ferts up here who work diligently to make reunions possible.

We are also in the process of putting together our First Annual Autumn
Bash which will take place in a few weeks. We had such great success
with the last party that we couldn't wait to have another. I thought
SweetiePie might like to be part of the decorating committee. But
first things first, she needs to get settled in, then I will find a
'job' for her to do. Both Cher and Zebby live way out past the Pool Of
Remembrance in a cozy cottage, I recall asking Zebby why they wanted to
live so far from the center of town and he told me he loved living so
close to The Pool Of Remembrance, because he could visit there daily
and check on Sue and Dave whenever he liked and it gave him great joy.

When I caught up with Princess SweetiePie I suggested she might want to
spend a few days out there, she thought that was a terrific idea, so I
walked with her to The Pool and we stopped for a moment, I asked if she
would like to check on her Earth Mom and Dad and she said she would, so
I explained how the glistening pool worked and I left her quietly alone
for a few moments. I heard her say "Hi Mom, Hi Dad" so I am certain she
saw her family. She was a little bit sad when she suddenly lost the
image, but I explained that she had to use her concentration like
people use 'rabbit ears' for their TV sets. And we all know about
ferrets and concentration, don't we? It takes some practice, but in
time I am sure she will become quite skilled at it.

We continued on to Zebby's cottage and SweetiePie commented on how
pretty it was, and how quiet it was too. Zebby was outdoors napping in
a hammock suspended from a towering oak tree. He was snoring loudly. I
cleared my throat loudly, "AHEM!" I said......Nothing, not even a
twitch. "AHEM!!" I said a bit louder. Zebby slowly opened one eye...
then he closed it. Then he opened it again. He sat up, rubbing the
sleep from his eyes, "Oh Hi Pete...Is THAT Princess SweetiePie you
have there with you?"

I said, "It is! The one and only!" He jumped down from his hammock and
gave her the once-over, then gave her a big hug! "Hello SweetiePie. Do
you remember me? I'm Zebby, Zebediah." She smiled at him sweetly, and
said "Hi Zebby."

I stepped in and said, "Zeb, I thought it might be a good idea if
SweetiePie stayed out here with you and Cher for a little while, until
she gets settled in. How would that be?" Zebby smiled, nodding his
head, "That will be fine Pete, Cher will be so happy to have another
girl around." "I brought a few things for SweetiePie, lets see, I have
this nice plaid flannel hammie and a blankie and some toys and a big
box of golden raisins." I handed the parcel to Zebby who invited us to
come inside." "I can only stay for a minute, then I have to
skee-daddle, it will be dark soon." I said as we entered the cottage.

"Where is Cher?"

"Oh she and Miss Lustre went for a walk, they should be back any time
now." replied Zebby. "Well, your home looks very nice, I can see it has
a woman's touch...where should SweetiePie put her things?" I asked.

"Oh she can set her stuff up wherever she likes, Cher sleeps over there
where the pink hammie is, and I sleep over here in the Dark plaid
hammie or outside in the tree hammie if it's not too chilly at night.
Sometimes we share the sleepsack. You put your things wherever you like
SweetiePie." said Zeb

I asked Sweetie if she was all set, she said she was certain everything
would be fine, so I said my goodbyes and headed back home. Along the
way I ran into Cher and Lustre coming back from their walk. We all said
hello and I explained that I had just dropped SweetiePie off at her
cottage, so Cher wanted to hurry home for her reunion. I bid them
goodnight and continued towards home. It had been a long day and I was
ready to crawl into my hammie for a well deserved snooze.

Please send greeting requests to: