From:
Tara Menne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:16:10 -0700
I have some absolutely wonderful, fabulous, makes-ya-wanna-war-dance-news!
A few months ago my old and mellow lady Samantha was diagnosed with
lymphoma.  Armed with what people on the FML are doing, and one great vet
(Dr. Bock, Boulder, Co), Sam has been successfully fighting, and it looks
like we're going into remission!!!!

If you want details feel free to drop me a line.  I think alot of it has to
do with her personality - she knows she's got the good life and ain't
givin' it up!  (I'm sure the drugs and supplements aided her in this
battle, too.)

My other little monster, Zungwoon, had a really bad vaccine reation last
Friday from Fervac.  She went into full shock and stayed at the clinic all
afternoon, got two cortisone shots to keep her going, and sub-q's for
support; she was curious and friendly, if really tired,  a few hours later.
(As a sidenote, the clinic was VetSmart, and they were really good with her
even though they're not "experts" - they obviously cared alot.)  She had no
history of reactions - so please please please stay at the vets afterwards
- I almost lost her!  In typical ferret fashion, she was dancing around to
Hole by Sunday, trying to drag me off by my shoelaces.

On other topics - I could use the carpet patching info too.  If  you know,
could you post to the FML, or at least the issue #?   It would be greatly
appriciated!

And last but not least, I'm looking for a "sitter"  in Boulder. Colo. for
11/19 to 11/22.  Ideally, Zungwoon would have other kids to play with!  And
if she should happen to meet another ferret who was looking for a home, and
they fell in love, well... her cage is awfully big and lonely.

May your Halloween be full of fuzzy love!
Tara
Tara Marie Menne