From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:41:32 -0700
Katie, my golden retriever mix, brought inside quite a surprise.  I
Opened the back door, and she makes a dive for her "den" in the living
room, with a limp bird in her mouth.  I yell "DROP IT!" while still
holding the back door open.  She stopped dead in her tracks, spit the
bird out, and just stood there like a deer looking into headlights.  The
bird was dazed and confused, and hobbled around the kitchen looking for
a place to hide...I am afraid of birds...so I grabbed the dog, and put
her in my room and shut the door.  I'm panicking...what do i do?  what
do i do?  I bring up enough courage to peep around the corner into the
kitchen...poor thing's hiding behind the dog dish.  I'm thinking "does it
have rabies"  I Snatched up the longest broom we have, and shoo'd it out
of the house.  I then go and rescue Katie who's cowered up on my bed,
with the ferrets closing in on her...She'll catch full sized birds, but
when it comes to the ferrets, she wont even consider messing with them.

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_