From:
JOSEPHINE HANSEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 03:00:19 -0800
This is probably the most difficult decission, i have had to make in a very
long time, but i have realized i am not cut out to be a ferret owner, my
little guy Truls just had an operation, (intestinal blockage) a week ago,
it has been heart breaking, i could'nt stop crying, and as soon as someone
would ask me anything about him, i would start crying all over again, i
felt so guilty for not being able to prevent this from ever happening, i
have no idea where he found these 5 button-size pieces of black rubber ,
that he probably thought were liquerish.  this past week of agony and a
$700 bill has got me convinced i cannot go through this again.  I love them
to the point of being obsessed, and they always come before anyone else in
the family, my family have been supportive of me and my ferrets although
they dont share my love for them.

I will keep them untill i find a GOOD home, where they will be truly LOVED
and WANTED, i want them to stay together, they are very dependent on each
other.

Liza is 11 months old and Truls is 10 months, Liza is the big sister/mother
always looking after Truls, also she's the ingenious one inventing all new
games, figuering out how to get to all the exiting stuff, Truls is the
follower, he is absolutely convinced there is no danger in anything/anyone,
he has never been a nipper/biter, in fact the idea has never crossed his
mind.  He is Truly the sweetest, Liza on the other hand was a biter from the
first moment, she really bit hard, she does'nt any more, but she requires to
be treated with much love and kindness, that is the only thing that made her
stop biting, now she is the most lovable girl, always has kisses on hand,
and she tryes very hard Not to hurt a human in play, and occasionally nips
toes, she doe'snt trust men very much, but she never has been handled by men
other than her Vet, it is probably not personal, but the men in my family
will go to any length to avoid her.  she is NOT EVIL, just very feminin, i
suppose any girl has the right to be little difficult at times.  She needs
Truls, and he needs her.  i can only let them go live with knowledgeable
ferret lovers, I let them out to play at least 5-6 hours/day, they have a
big three/storage cage, we built for them with tubes between the floors,
hammocks, bed, toys, but i would like them to have more time to room and
play outside the cage.

I live in Las Vegas and i would preffer their new home to be here too, so we
can work on an easy transition, where we could come visit you,and your other
ferrets, and get to know one another, for a while before moving.  They are
both great personalities and know how to love back, if you would like to
know more, please send me an e-mail.

Josephine