From:
"edman (Ed Atlee)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 16:45:07 EDT
After reading Mark Schafer's post, I thought it a good time to post that
Goose (6 yr.  old male DEW), who had his left adrenal removed on 9/5, is
pretty much back to himself, well, with a little less hair and still some
stitches.  We realized he was getting better Sunday night, when he escaped
twice from the "recovery cage" and then woke us up at 6 am going for a
third!  Amazing how fast they recover.  Anyway, he & his sister are reunited
& happier, though Annie's been a bit of a behavior problem lately (okay, a
bit more than *usual*).

In addition to getting on desks and bureaus and knocking stuff (papers,
water, answering machine) to the floor, a habit she had dropped for a
while, she's been pooping in front of the bedroom door.  Not real easy to
keep a towel there, as the door opens in and it's in a corner.  We may have
to resort to restricting her space for a while (and yes, they also know
how to fake using the litter box, assuming the position and all! :(

To Rick Beveridge, I have no experience in this (extremely allergic to
cats :( but I would think that a 3-month old kitten and a ferret would be
a good match, and the kitten should be adaptable at that age.  The ferret
may have to learn that kitten's don't have leather jackets :) but after a
while I suspect the kitten may start behaving suspiciously like a ferret! :)

F.E.R.R.E.T. missiles have been spotted on training maneuvers in Gloucester
County, NJ.  Intelligence reports indicate that they have progressed to
training with SOCK (Silent On-foot Cotton Knit) targets.  I've spoken with
some of the recon pilots flying out of the airbase here at the Tech Center,
and they indicate that not only is the previous report true, but they
believe that, when stored in groups, these missiles can actually program
each other!!  Thus, a previously harmless FERRET can, within weeks or even
days, become an expert SOCK destroyer following introduction to another of
its kind.  Particularly devastating is the new ANASTASIA model, while the
older GOOSE model seems to be too set in its ways to accept the new
programming, and is thus classed as "Mostly Harmless" ;)

Two other items, I mentioned Annie's forays on the desk, she seems to have
appropriated and hidden the coupon book for Kim's student loan!!  I can see
this phone conversation:
"Yes, I know we've only had it for a month...well, yes, I've looked...well,
you see, umm, uhh, the fact of the matter is, uhhh, my ferret stole it...
yes, ferret....*ferret*, F-E-R-R-E-T,...yes, *stole* it, well, borrowed it
at least......" =)
The other is Goose's favorite new toy...a feather duster!!!  He seems to
like toys that are bigger than him, it's a riot watching him carry this
thing around, with his nose pointed in the air, strutting, then struggling
to get it in back of the furniture and into his "stash-corner"...

-- Ed Atlee ([log in to unmask])
Ed, Kim, Goose (feather dusters!!!), Anastasia (SOCKs!!!), and Maggie the
Labrador (a dog is *NOTHING LIKE* a cow, just keep training with socks!)