From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 13:14:27 -0500
Dr. Williams:

Thanks for the response about Interceptor heartworm preventative.  I
know of no adverse reactions of any kind.  That's not to say that it
hasn't happened, but I haven't heard of any.

We've been giving Max his monthly dose for about 8 months now, he
swallows it up in a blob of nutrical and goes on about his business.
I've never noticed any change in his behavior but I'll make sure I keep
a close eye on him after he gets the pill.

Bernard:

Our first ferret, Sid, loved feet when we first got him at about 8 weeks
old.  One couldn't walk around barefoot without having to jump around
yelling "ow, ouch, cut it out!"  and so on.  <g> He would even climb up
on the bed while we were sleeping, slip under the covers and munch on
our feet.  Guests were similarly abused...  well, only if he could sneak
into the guest room.

I don't remember how long it took, but he eventually grew out of that.
The two ferrets we have now are not the least bit interested in feet.
But then, we adopted Max when he was 2 years old and Duncan at about 3
years old.

     mike