From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 03:35:38 -0500
I have been lurking on the list for several months and look forward to
receiving it each day.  The comment a month or so ago for introductions
seems appropriate so here goes.  First many thanks to BIG for all his hard
work.  It is much appreciated.  Second, for all of us who are new, perhaps
now would be a good time for BIG to reintroduce himself.  Does he like
ferrets?  Does he have ferrets?  Or, is he a ferret that just happens to
know how to read and type?  I am owned by 3 ferrets.  Odo is a 2.5lb cinamin
(sp?) male.  A regular lap ferret, he loves to be held while I watch
football games or the news.  An AFA judge said he was a good looking guy and
would do well in shows.  He also knows how to get into trouble on a daily
basis.  Baby is a 1.5lb sable female.  She is a really rotten ferret from
h**l.  She has a very nasty biting problem that just can't get cured.  We
finally gave up.  It's a shame becasue she is the cutest one of the bunch.
We love her all the same but its tough sometimes.  We think maybe she was
abused by the pet store owner where we got her.  Last is Chloe who we got
from WarmFuzzy Ferret Rescue here in Pennsylvania.  I got Shirly Herzog's
shelter name from the STAR Ferret data base (thanks Pam!!!) Chloe is a MF
female DEW and is the perfect pet.  I know you can't have favorites but if
you could, she would be it.  She is very friendly to everybody, never, ever
bites, loves to play and her winter coat puts any mink to shame.  Hard to
tell how much she weighs since she has been eating like a pig the past
couple of months and seems to gain weight on a daily basis.  The other
ferrets attacked her when she arrived and so I have to keep her in my
bedroom.  That dosen't bother me a bit except she likes to take her half of
the bed in the middle and is really loud when she has breakfast at 4:00AM.
All 3 fuzzies are in great health.  I expect I'll be posting here in a
couple of months when ferret math strikes again.  My SO says that Chloe
needs a playmate and we can't have more girls in the house than boys.  All
for now.