From:
Leslie Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:30:46 -0400
I agree with Barbara... someone should try to get in touch with the
folks at that zoo to see what they're doing for the fuzzies care. So
I called the zoo. You can too!! Their phone number is 808-971-7174.
A nice lady answered the phone right away and directed me to Laura,
who is supposedly the Reptile Curator. Frankly I was curious why a
"reptile" curator would be in charge of ferrets... first warning flag!
But I had to leave Laura a message on her voice mail. I gave her my
800# so we'll see if she calls me back... on my dime no less.

Frankly, I don't see what these folks could possibly know about
ferrets, other than they're cute and have been domesticated for 2000+
years. Genius! Have any of you shelter moms/dads heard from them for
advice, or God-forbid, help. In my voice mail, I offered to send
supplies and give advice so whether or not Laura responds will say a
lot. Feel free to give them a ring. The ferrets looked to be young,
possibly even babies, so problems won't start right away and we might
even have time to try to get them back to the mainland.

Leslie