From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 21:53:19 -0400
Dear Sue,

The first thing I would like to tell you (And the Big Guy made certain
it would be the VERY first thing I did too!) and it's this ..... you
are NOT to blame for Bootsie's passing. It was simply his time to come
home, and so he did.

Now I know that you wrote me personally and let me know what had
happen, and just as I knew early, there were two other fuzzits who
were just as aware of his coming home even before *I* did. Their names
are Macari and Maharet. Twin, albino beauties with eyes every bit as
memorizing as red rubies. These little girls were born of the same
litter, and went, at the age of two years old, from an obsessive animal
hoarder, to a wonderful rescuer, to a forever home, and in all that
time neither one of them had names, Can you imagine that? Two years
and no names? The home they went to was more then prepared for their
arrival and the first thing they did was to be given names.

These two were close, so close that when Macari passed to the Bridge,
her sister gladly followed her less then a week later, because there
was no way she could live without her there. It crushed her adoptive
parents deeply to loose them both, but like with Bootsie, it was there
times to leave too. I know that this is not want you want to hear, no
one does. Each and every fuzzit parent would love nothing more then to
know that their fur-child is going to live a nice long and healthy
life, but until we can find a way to make this happen, you will need to
except that when you allow a fuzzit into your life, you are accepting
everything that comes along with us, kind of like a marriage of sorts
 .... in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer
and the poorer ... of course this only applies those top ferret models
who make millions in ferretone and craisins by posing for those
wonderful calendars that come out each year, but you get the idea.

As you were moving, things were hectic, what move isn't, and to be
moving not only a home, but a shelter as well, you had your hands quite
full. Bootsie was feeling the move, but more then the move, he was
feeling tired, and ready to go to sleep, but the kind of sleep that
ends with waking here. As he snuggled down and got comf,y a quiet
fluttering sound came from inside of his carrier, and a white glow
appeared,and when glow faded, there were two soft, white ferrets angels
there. They both settled down, and wrapped themselves around Bootsie,
placing there wings around him and cradled him between the the two of
them. They sang, in unison, about the journey he was about to take, and
as they sang he could feel the pain lift from him, and he could feel
the love they shared, and then he knew he was safe, and no matter what
happened after that, things were going to be just fine.

His only worry was you, he wanted to say goodbye, but he was so tired,
and so his last request, before Macari and Maharet took him on the
journey to the Bridge, was to not just say goodbye, but to convey all
of the love he has for you. So here are his words, written in his paws,
and his nose!

Mommy,

I am so sorry that I did not get to say goodbye to you, but I was a
tired ferret. At my age, sleeping is not only a past time it's a sport
too. One I was very good at, wasn't I? I knew my time was coming, you
kinda get this funny feeling when it begins to happen, you begin to
see and hear things too. I saw butterflies, really pretty butterflies
fluttering everywhere, and I could hear laughter and dooking, and I
kept seeing Repete and Newton too. They would be standing there,
smiling at me, and then they would tell me they would be seeing me
soon, and then they would vanish. I was excited about it, but scared
about what would happen when I left. I think that's why I waited until
the move to go.

Maybe it wasn't the right time for you, but it was for me. I knew that
if I left then, it would save you from taking me to the doctor and
allowing me to leave that way. You would also be busy, and your mind
would be busy as well, and I thought it would just be easier that way,
so forgive for going so quickly, but it really was the best thing to
do, and as Pie points out, it was a gentlemanly thing too. So I laid
my head down, and started to go to sleep and then these ferret angels
showed up, and they made me feel so very safe, and they told me I was
going to be fine. I was still worried about you mommy, so I asked them
if I could leave you a note. they told me I would have to wait until I
got to this place called the Rainbow Bridge and then I could. So I did,
and I am. I know how much you love me, I know that you is also blaming
yourself for me going, but it wasn't your fault, and if it takes me
from now until you get here, I am going to keep telling you, and so is
Pie and so will Repete and Newton and all of the others you have loved
and allowed to pass our way.

So please, please, pretty, fuzzy please, don't blame yourself anymore
OK?

I loves you Mommy,

Bootsie

I rather enjoy letting a fuzzit leave behind a bit of himself for their
parents. Its something more to hold onto, and it goes from being a
memory, to a treasure. It's how we look at you, as large treasures we
stash in our hearts, and we hope, that when we finally have to leave,
we do so knowing that we have left behind a bit of ourselves for you.

As far as greetings go, we made a quick dash to the Bridge, all
twenty-two of us!!! It was more like a fuzzy blur, and as we arrived we
saw coming over the Bridge Bootsie, and he was arm in arm with Macari
on arm and Maharet on the other arm and this funny look on his face,
one of those "Rico Suave" looks. Later he would whisper in my ear and
tell me that having a beautiful fuzzit on each of his arms made him
feel much like a movie star and "If only Mommy could see me now!"

If you could, you would laughed and probably wonder why he didn't have
on a pair of dark shades on to fit his super-star looks, because that's
what he is. So tonight, you go outside, and look up to the stars, and
find the one that twinkles the most, and know it is Bootsie looking
down on you with all the love his heart has to give.

In love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah