From:
ferretlove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:25:13 -0800
I am owned by 10 fuzzies.  I have not personally bought one from a pet
store.  I do have 2 that came from a pet store in Texas where they were
in a small aquarium and there were 4 of them and they were 6 months old.
I rescued those kids.  One went to a home to some one that helped with
the transportation of them.  I just lost one this summer to cancer in the
intestines.  But my first two came from a college girl that did not have
the time to deal with ferrets any more.  I got them and then started to
volunteer at a local shelter and then adopted from there.  I have also
adopted from a Rocky's shelter in Maryland.  I will not buy a baby from
a pet store.  You can still find a wonderful ferret at a shelter.  Some
are still young where some one bought them and did not realize what they
got themselves into and dump the baby.  Then there are the wonderful
Oldsters that have been dumped due to health issues and just basically
left to die there.  My heart goes to them.  I am a sucker for them.

I look at it this way if I can give some love and compassion for the last
days of that babies life it is all worth it.  Some of the shelter kids
come from terrible back grounds.

I think the shelter kids are the best because when you adopt them and
show them the attention you can tell they are so grateful.  Plus if I
can make one comfortable in my home less likely of having it die of
shelter shock.

Trina Owens