From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:37:43 EST
Butch has decided that his sleep sack is a new gourmet treat.  This is the
same sleep sack he had when I adopted him last year and he has never chewed
on it or anything else until recently.  I noticed it about 3 days ago, he
lays on it and chews the corners of it.  He's also chewing on a ball he
plays with.

I've taken the ball away from him when he's unsupervised but don't know
what to do about the sleep sack.  This is the guy who had the bad reaction
to the rabies vaccination two weeks ago.  I took him back to the vet two
days after the reaction and with the exception of a little weight loss he
was fine.  He's eating, drinking, pooping normally.  He seems normal other
than the chewing.  Any ideas?

Also wondering if anyone has ever used Dr. Bach's Rescue Remendy with
ferrets.  I know of cases where it was used with cats and dogs but haven't
heard anything about ferrets.  I'm thinking his system is stressed from the
reaction.

Thanks!
Connie, Butch, and Maggie