Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:45:32 -0500
Our wonderful webmaster Karen-- has completed yet another update where you
will find adoption listings, new links, new calendar event listings and
more.  Thanks so much Karen-- for keeping up with the constantly changing
news & events!

The "Adopt a Beanie" campaign which we hope will assist both the veterinary
and education programs, is slow in starting -- we are printing the adoption
certificates and hope to have the news and pics ready for the page next
week.  Please bear with us-- we got a number of new kids in at the shelter-
and it is BUSY!!!

Over the past few weeks we have received numerous calls from individuals
all over the eastern US.  Most of these were inquiries about the shelter
financially assisting for medical care and / or surgeries.  Let me take a
moment to reply: while Ferret Wise would LIKE to be able to help-- the
reality is, -- we must constantly work to fund the medical care for shelter
residents who end up here through unhappy situations.  Were we a flush
shelter-- the first thing we would like to make available is loaned funds
for veterinary care (paid back with interest) as some local humane
societies can do for cats & dogs.  Unfortunately, we are not ranking in the
that caliber as a non profit entity ( we have far to go before we can match
the prestigious sheltering entities like NSAL!).  To those recent inquiries
we have been asking them to negotiate payments with their vets, or make
choices in the best interest of their beloved ferrets.  The harsh reality
is -- that pet owners sometimes need to make choices and shelters in
general, at least ferret shelters though they would like to help all the
ferrets -- find the task unreachable, that does not mean we do not do what
we are supposed to do however.

In addition to the special admissions - critical care sheltering and
rehabilitation of cruelty seized ferrets, additional services Ferret Wise
provides are listed at:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/services.html

We hope we can be of assistance in these areas.

In closing, two new specialty items have been added to the ebay items to
support our shelter hospice programs:

A Shamrock / spring clover top sleeper hammock
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2821058606

and special Milennium Designer Funhouse Tent in teal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=282126162

Hug your ferrets and thanks for your support. We hope to see you all at the
fall re-union Picnic      "Ferretstockl" September 9th!
Advance passes will be available soon - to request an application for
advance tickets please email the above address with your postal address
and they will be sent!!

Alicia
shelter Mom for the many faces of FerretWise