From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 09:31:31 -0500
    Well the little rats and I are getting over our disapointment that as of
now Massachusetts still conciders them illegal aliens, but we're hopeful
that a celebration party is not too far away.  I have two ferrets, Baby and
Murray, Baby who's been with me her whole life (9 months) and Murray who I
got from a shelter about 2 months ago (he's a little over a year old) here's
my problem, after 2 months Murray is still biting.  Its so hard to teach him
not to because he doesn't bite all that often and he doesn't seem mad when
he bites or scared or anything.  He just walks right up to people's ankles,
feet, etc and bites then runs...for no reason that I can figure out.

Anyways he hadn't bitten me in a while, then suddenly as I was reading the
FML I felt a chomp on my foot and there he was..little brat...I picked him
up and yelled at him, then held him for a second and pet him so he would
know that I wasn't going to hit him or anything, but when I put him down he
still ran away like he was afriad of me :( I don't think he's a mean ferret
at all...just confused.  Like just now when he bit my foot it was under a
blanket so maybe he didn't know what it was, he bites sometimes when i'm
reaching under the couch to get him or into the closet, so maybe it just
looks like there's some strange hand coming at him, but other times he just
randomly walks up to people and bites them and I can't think of any
explanation, and he has bitten a couple people to be put down.  I guess what
I want to know is if there are any people who had ferrets who used to do
this and now have stopped.  Can you teach a non-kit not to bite?  If anybody
has had any sucess breaking their ferret of this habit I'd appreciate any
advice.  Thanks

shannon baby and murray