From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:52:01 -0400
>From:    David Owings <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hey people the weather here in Portland has been kinda hot and Snickers
>he's a chocolate sable he's been sleeping like 20 hours a day.  He is
>still eating and drinking fine and bugging me 4 or 5 times a day for
>some Kool aid is it normal for a ferret to sleep so much....

He could be sleeping so much because he's too hot-my guys sleep more
(like, all day) when they're too hot, and they start sleeping right out
in the open trying to cool off on the cooler floor, etc., and that's
usually when I break out my air conditioner for the season... You can
have him checked out at the vet's to be sure, but try adding ice packs to
his sleeping places (I use 1 liter soda bottles and such filled with
water and popped in the freezer) or try moving him to a cooler room till
it cools down outside.

Cheers!

-April