From:
Who What <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 1994 02:42:11 -0500
DTHOMASON:

If you will re-read my post to BWILLIAMS, you will note that I mentioned that
even where they ARE legal a Rabies Vaccine doesn't always help (I saw the
flaw in my reasoning even then)....BUT, as I said then, if you know the
climate is bad, legal or no, a vaccination may be the only thing between you
and the death of you little one.

The KS case was brought up not as a defense, but to illustrate the "something
better than nothing" idea. Yes, it was ignored by everybody in KS. Point is,
could they have even TRIED without it? I in no way wish to be seen as using
the McDowells as some kind ammo in a vaccine debate, so please do not
interpret my words as such. They have been through enough already, haven't
they?

Something is better than nothing. I still say, in my non-vet, personal
opinion, that anybody in a FFZ should vaccinate for rabies. And judging by
KS, even where they ARE legal, it wouln't hurt.

MH7

P>S. to BWILLIAMS.....I rather like they idea of "getting them underground"
(my quote, not yours) when the you-know-what hits the fan too. It always
helps to have a "Plan B."