From:
Who What <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 03:42:21 -0500
FERRET LEGALIZATION STATUS IN CA
An Update on AB2497--All information is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

   The ferret bill, AB297, lost in the Assembly by 3 votes of majority. In
other words, we had more for than against, but we fell three votes short of
the necessary majority.
   Because of the close nature of the vote, Jan Goldsmith (the sponsor of the
bill) was able to get a date for a "re-assessment." this basically means we
get some time to convince a few more people to vote our way. 17
Assemblypersons did not vote, so we are after these folks. WE HAVE UNTIL
APRIL 3rd (the vote is on the 4th).
   A complete list of "yeah, neah, not" votes can be obtained from Ferrets
Anonymous (619) 497-1085. You can also get addresses and phone numbers.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
   Call your assemblyperson, or fax a letter. Unless you have really good
mail, there is not time to send letters via snail-mail.

MH7