From:
jennifer hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:42:11 -0400
Hello All,

Well, I used to really like my vet but I feel like they missed the buck
this last weekend after one of my little girls had what I believe to be
a vaccine reaction which manifested as bloody urine/diarrhea, but it was
dismissed and 4 hours later we had a prolapsed rectum (she has a history
of these) and swollen vulva.  They nickel and dime me to death.  You
would think as well that if you have to go back to the vet for a follow
up visit for a post surgery complication that you wouldn't be charged
for that, as most definitely as humans, if you have a complication, you
aren't charged for them to fix it.  Well, no.  Not so at my vet.  So I'm
looking to see if I can get recommendations from anyone in the MD area
for a new vet who has reasonable prices (mine is outrageously pricey),
and has a good back up plan for what to do with your ferret during
emergencies (where to take them...).  So, if anyone can point me in the
right direction, that would be great, I'm located 15 minutes outside of
Baltimore in Catonsville, MD.

Secondly, does anyone have a recommendation for pet insurance.  The
latest issue of Ferrets Magazine listed unitedpetcare, but that is only
good in the southwest area of the country it appears.  It sounded great,
you have copays (I'm used to that with my own healthcare) and you don't
have to wait to be reimbursed.  VPI you have to file claims and wait
to be reimbursed and they don't cover adrenal or insulinoma diseases
anymore, so when it comes to ferret expenses, that seems rather pointless
to me.  If anyone can recommend a pet insurance for ferrets, please let
me know that as well.

Thanks a lot,
Jen