From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:18:04 EST
Dooks to the fur-kids, Hey to their beloved Hoomans !!

Okay - here it goes.  Got a call from the pet store I picked up "THE BITER"
from <his name is now Zeus ; ) >  They said that a kit he had been with had
died.  The vet indicated distemper as the culprit.  The other kit had been
sold at least a week before I got Zeus.  I do not know if the owner had any
follow up vaccinations done.  I do know that the owner indicated they took
the kit for a walk in the park one day.

Zeus is scheduled to have a distemper booster on Sunday.  He does not
<fingers crossed, saying prayers + > show any symptoms that I recognize as
part of distemper.  His appetite seems okay - he picks at the dry food but
it is new then what he is used to.  He wolfs down Fuzzy Soup.  He is active
and alert.  His prolapsed rectum seems to be receding <I've kept it clean
and moistened>.  I have not seen any crusting around the anus.  I have
observed no crusting or discharge at the eyes.  In the 2 days I saw him at
the store, and upon bringing him home, I observed no diarrehea until I fed
him the Fuzzy Soup <natch!>.

Question 1 - What other symptoms should I be on the look-out for ?

Question 2 - If he has been infected, what affects would the booster cause?

Question 3 - If he has been infected, what can I do to sterilize the cage,
             etc.

Any and all responses would be appreciated !!!  Thank God for quarantine
periods, eh kids ?

Hoping, wishing, praying <heavy on the praying!>

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
Featuring
~~THE~~FANTASTIC~~FUZZY~~~FLURRY~~OF~~FIFTEEN~~
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Rascal~Miss Priss~
Cinna~Racer~Muttley~Dookesbury~
INTRODUCING ~ZEUS~
Guest STAR - ~Fur-Angel Lady~
Neighborhood kids - Min-Pins Geordi , Jaida, and Spice
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow ferts
~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!