From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:54:42 EST
>A typical left adrenal surgery costs the average person about $1,700
>(not including after care or blood work/x-rays).  A plain 'ol check up
>is $75 (just to walk in the door of a vet office).  Add blood work,
>x-rays and meds on top of that and you would be walking out with a $400
>visit in one day (and that's WITH our 50% discount)   Last year, our
>veterinary bills topped over $45,000.00 (not including the free care
>many veterinarians offered for the 4 large scale rescues we did) and
>that doesn't include our operating costs, shelter bills and other bills.
>Just ask the shelter's accountant how much I gasped when she handed me
>the shelter's tax return!

Randy you had recently told me about the price difference in vet care
where you are, and I am so, so glad that you went into detail and
told the FML and your supporters this information.  To say that this
information is eye opening is an understatement.  The understatement
of the year.  It's miraculous that you have done what you did for so
many years.

Randy writes:
Wolfy

http://www.wolfysluv.com