From:
Kimberly Gunderson/Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:28:14 -0700
Gerry - what you have described in your post - really tells me that you
have a carbon minoxide leak somewhere.  I really think you should get the
gas company out there immediately to test your ENTIRE heating system.  I
had a pet rat that I gave to a neighbor for safe keeping after the fire of
our house.  He went through the exact same symptoms you are describing -
red feet, tarry stools, weakness and them ultimately, death.  My neighbor
was heartbroken and didn't know what happened to him.  I suggested, that
since she had two previous rats that died, and one bird (she didn't tell
me that when she agreed to watch my pet) - that she contact the Gas
company.  She did, and found there was a hairline leak - not enough to
really bother humans, except for an occasional headache, but quite enough
to cause the death of small rodents and birds.  I really hope this helps
you - and that you can find the root to your problem!  On any accord, I
would suggest you find a place for your remaining buddies until you can
rule that out.  Good luck!

Kimberly Gorman
Regional Translations Engineer
Cricket Communications