From:
Karen Poehlein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2011 23:14:13 -0700
Over the years we have only had one ferret who was bad about biting and
that was our BabyGirl Chewie.

Chewie came from a pet shop in Owensboro KY, we got her when she was
only about two months old and from the start she was forever nailing
our bare feet biting really hard. We tried everything we could think of
to break her from the biting; we tried the typical NO, we tried giving
her time outs in the cage, we tried grabbing her by the scruff and
dragging her back and forth on the floor, I even tried holding her up
NOSE-TO-NOSE with me and hissing at her directly in the face which she
would usually yawn showing me just how impressed she was and still
NOTHING seemed to make any impact or even get her attention. One day
something dawned on me and I thought oh well, nothing else had worked,
why not give it a try.

Every time Chewie would nail my bare toes and chomp down, I would grab
her up and smother her in kisses, instead of scolding her, I would
shower her with love and kisses and in no time at all she stopped
"lunching" on our bare feet. For whatever reason, Chewie must have
thought she had to use drastic measures in order to get our attention
but then I guess when you are only two to three months old, built very
low to the ground and you are staring up at a couple humans of giant
porportions compared to a tiny little ferret's size, Chewie must have
thought she had to use some dramatic moves.

Chewie now resides at the Rainbow Bridge, she left us two months ago
and I miss her very very much. I would like to think I will again some
day have another little silver girl wearing dainty white sneakers who
loves getting kisses from her hoomans.

~Karen
The Crocheted Ferret

www.thecrochetedferret.com
Home of the famous DerbyEggs.  Over 999 dozen
of my eggs have sold, making for a lot of happy
ferrets and that many happy ferrets can't be wrong.