From:
Karen Poehlein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:16:58 -0700
As of today 10/17/2011 I am not accepting any more orders for DerbyEggs
at this time.

I am very very sorry to have to make this announcement but health
problems dictate me to have to do this. I am preparing for the worst
but hoping for the best; this is how I have always gone at every
situation in my life; if things go bad, I am not completely knocked
off my props and if it turns out good, then I can go with the small
personal celebration I had been hoping for and planning.

For those who had been counting on being able to get DerbyEggs to give
to their own ferrets and/or send to ferrets in shelters at Christmas
time, I am so sorry to be letting those people down. I have always
gotten so much pleasure in being able to do the eggs and feeling that
I was able to give some small joy to ferrets. My DerbyEggs have gone
all over the US and Canada but also to five other foreign countries
so I think that says a lot about my eggs and also to the quality and
personal love I have always put into making them.

I am really hoping things are going to turn around for me and I will
maybe be able to have a few eggs available but I wanted to let everyone
know early so you can plan on giving an alternative item for Christmas
for your own ferrets and also to ferrets you choose to give to from the
Giving Tree.

I need this time to take care of me which I am notorious for putting
last. But as a couple people very close to me in my life have impressed
upon me to take some time to get me "fixed" and get myself over what is
happening so that I can come back to doing what I enjoy so much, making
my DerbyEggs and being able to send a bit of myself and a lot of love
to the ferrets who have loved my eggs so much over the past five years.

I am so very sorry to have to post this and I sat here crying this
morning over the new I received and also having to make this
announcement. I feel as if I am letting a lot of people down and more
important letting a lot of ferrets down who won't be getting their
"DerbyEgg fix" this year but there is always next spring and Easter to
look forward to; Christmas and Easter is always my busiest time trying
to get enough eggs made to go around to every one.

Guys, I am really sorry, this is the LAST thing I was expecting to hear
first thing out of the box this morning or to have to post to the list
and also to my website.

~Karen

The Crocheted Ferret
www.thecrochetedferret.com
Home of the famous DerbyEggs. Over 999 dozen
of my eggs have sold, making for a lot of happy
ferrets and that many happy ferrets can't be wrong.