From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:08:34 +0400
On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Georgia Wood wrote to the FML:
>Winter is nearly over, and many stores will stop carrying wood stove pellets
>soon.  This is the time to stock up.  <SNIP> You can put in a summers supply
>without ruining the budget.  Finding a place to stash them is probably
>harder than finding the spare cash to buy them!  We use a wicker trunk,

Just wanted to add the sad voice of experience about storage--be sure the
place is dry and leak proof.  The bags the pellets come in are not
water-tight.  Nothing smells worse than moldy wood pellets, and they are
useless as litter.  Also if you buy them from a place that stacks the bags
on pallets outdoors, be sure to take the bags from the middle of the stack.

-- Lee