From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:23:45 +0400
There's been some discussion, either here on on the FML-10 list, about
having the next reunion (FML-15) in California.  As a backup location in the
event that it might still be difficult to have ferrets in the Golden State,
Las Vegas was suggested.  Someone raised an objection to that location,
because of that city's well-deserved (carefully cultivated, in fact)
reputation as a den of vice.

I'd like to suggest a gentler next-door location: Ashland, Oregon.  It's
small, yes.  Quaint?  Quite.  But it's also host to the biggest
Shakespearean Festival on the left coast, and its hospitality facilities are
plentiful and nice.  I'm sure some can be found that are ferret-friendly.

January would be a perfect time to visit.  The big stages are dark, although
there are smaller dinner-theater and jazz venues.  There are ski areas
nearby.  You can easily walk to anywhere in town, and if you like theater or
antiques, well ...

Anyway, there's a thought.

Another thought, although it's not quite next door, is Roswell, NM.  Surely
they'll have a good hospitality infrastructure by 2003!

-- Lee, remembering the west with fondness but no regrets.

[Moderator's note: Please, if we want to continue this discussion, let's do
so on FML-10th list.  Which I guess I have to rename one day ;-)

If I get a ton more FML-10 posts I may collect them for a special issue, but
I'd guess it will be light enough from this point on to stick em at the end
of the FML.  BIG]