From:
"Gregg W Stephens, Jr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 17:26:54 -0400
Hello All,
I just started receiving the FML about 2 days ago.  It's amazing what you
can learn in so little time.

On the subject of a National Organization, why not call it plain and simple,
The National Ferret Organization (NFO)?  Then to organize it, there's no
reason to break up all the individual organizations.  Most of the
organizations that I've noticed are localized, mostly by state.  On a large
scale basis, the best way to do it will most likely be to use these smaller
organization to the advantage of the larger.  Just a simple breakdown, like
a large corporation.

1. National
2. Regional (10 states)
3. State
4. Division (several counties)
5. County
6. In the case of LARGE counties several small locals

Each of these would report to and take info from the next step up the
ladder.  Since most of these groups already have nice sized mailing lists,
they should be combined to make the national mailing list.  Several ads in
Ferret Mags and on ferret and pet web pages would bring in more Ferret
Lovers.  Then we could keep local info local and the major stuff and
national info, goes out to the national lists.  I think I'm being clear, I'm
not always the best writer because my thoughts overtake my fingers.  Thank
God for Spell checkers!!!  And Ferrets too!

This is just and idea of the structure of the organization.  Once we have a
good layout for the way it should be run, then we can work on implementing
the whole shabang!  Implementing it will be easy if we can get the others to
come together as one.

                        -Gregg (aka 3 G's)
                        -Casper the Friendly Ferret
                        -TAZ the crazy whirlwind