From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 22:58:27 -0400
Hello CA UDATE Folks,

Those of you dilligently taping Dan Rather each evening can relax for about
a month.  I just received another call from John Blackstone, the reporter
covering the story.  He'd just returned from Montana but is leaving for
vacation (I wish I could go!).  He said he'd be back in mid-July, and that
the CBS piece on ferrets would have a better chance of airing then.  Sooo, I
hope it does air and that election year political coverage doesn't move it
back and back and back like the Freemen story did.

Some avenues are being considered to put more pressure on the Fish and Game
Commission to get off the dime and go to notice on our issue.  I'll keep
everyone posted as things develop.

Southern California folks, let me know what you think of the Southland Today
piece being aired tomorrow at 10:30 A.M. on KDOC TV.  I know it's channel 56
in some areas and you can check your local cabel listings.

Take care,

Jeanne