From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:57:19 -0500
On our site, http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org
I have a link to a calendar site that we are an affiliate for.  If you
are considering calendar items (they also have other items on the site),
please click through on our link and if you purchase items, we get a
small percentage.  We are an affiliate for The Ferret Store and listed
on iGive too.  We have two adrenal surgeries for welfare ferrets to pay
for and this will help.  Arwen is in a wonderful home but she was adrenal
when placed and we are paying for her adrenal surgery.  Sniper is in a
wonderful foster home and he too will need adrenal surgery.  He's
currently on lupron (24 hour) and doing well.

The three surgeries from two weeks ago went o.k.  Draco is filled with
tumors on his pancreas and liver.  Larry removed his spleen and left
adrenal at my request.  He's had two low sugar episodes since that time
so I'm considering adding proglycem.  Draco is 8-9 yrs old and very
alert.  He does moan and groan when trying to get comfortable but his
appetite is excellent so as long as he shows a will to live I'll do
whatever I can for him.  If anyone knows of inexpensive proglycem,
please let me know.

Buster had his left adrenal removed and we also found several insulinomas
which I declined having removed.  There were more than could be removed
and they have a more difficult time recovering from surgery when they are
removed.  Buster is doing fine on pediapred.

Squeezle right adrenal was removed.  We were fortunate that an alternate
blood flow had been set up because the tumor grew in, around, and through
his vena cava.  Squeezle is doing fair.  He's grumpy and we are battling
prostate issues.  Squeezle had blocked the week before surgery so I'm not
surprised.  He's eating well and is active.

Ares didn't have surgery.  He's on Lupron (24 hour) for now.  There were
other growths that were concerning when Larry examined him.  I'm afraid
he's as filled inside as outside with growths so declined surgery at this
time.  He's in good condition and if he starts failing we'll schedule
surgery then.  It's a difficult decision - I don't want to shorten or end
his life with surgery... sigh.

Peanut is failing.  He's 8+ yrs old.  Ferris is hanging in here with us.
He's 9+ yrs old.  Cassie is failing.  She's 9+ yrs too.  Hobbs left us
Sunday - he was 9.  These oldsters were all rescues and have been with us
for many years.  They've had a good life with us and I know when their
time comes THEY know they were very much loved.

hugs. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org