Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:15:53 -0400
Ok, I've waited 5 days for a reply but I seem to be getting the cold
shoulder. I'm looking for some help from anyone who works with or has
worked with FRES - Ferret Rescue and Education Society of Calagary,
Alberta, Canada.

I'll try to make this short. I placed a ferret, Breeze, a champagne
roan mitt altered jill with a client last year. Breeze is NB's Panties
In The Breeze, my litter pick from a litter born at Novel Beginnings,
Mary McCarty's ferretry. The client was moving to Lethbridge AB and I
made sure everything would be fine with the ferrets and the move. I was
assured it was. Come to find out the client was in a rental and the
landlord found out about the ferrets and forced eviction if the ferrets
weren't placed. I gave the client options on getting Breeze back to me.
The client said she had a family who was interested in Breeze and her
other ferret Oliver. I had her have the family fill out all my
paperwork prior to the ferrets going to them. Everything seemed fine on
paper. Then in February I find out the family doesn't want the ferrets
and wants to place them at the shelter. Of course I reminded everyone
that they signed a contract stating my ferret was not to go to the
shelter. Then all communications stopped.

I did finally get back in touch with the original client who told me
that Breeze aka Marley now and Oliver were surrendered to the FRES
shelter. I have written several emails, sent all email documentation
and pdfs of the signed application and contract to all officers of
FRES. To date I've only received one email saying they were checking
out the situation (five days ago). I really don't know how much has to
be checked out, Breeze (Marley) and Oliver have their pictures nicely
displayed on their website up for adoption.
(http://www.ferrets.ca/adopt.php)

I also let the officers know I'd be more than willing to pay for any
expenses that Breeze incurred since she's been in their shelter. And
I am more than willing to pick up the bill to have Breeze sent back
to me - I gave them several option there too. I even offered to take
Oliver since they have been together for a while now.

So there you have it. I have touched base with some folks (Heather,
Kim, Sherrylynn) who are in Washington, Montana and Calgary who are
willing to help facilitate getting Breeze (Marley) (and possibly
Oliver) back to the states.

If anyone else on the fml has any ideas, contacts, whatever, that will
help facilitate getting Breeze out of the shelter I would greatly
appreciate the advice!

I just can't get over any shelter not responding to this kind of
inquiry.

Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets:  An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book