From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:46:54 -0700
Tagging onto Vickie's post....

I am the breeder of Breeze (aka Marley) who was surrendered with her
cagemate, Oliver, to FRES. I have also contacted FRES, but have not
gotten any response.

I am horrified that one of my babies has been surrendered to a shelter.
The waiting to hear back from the shelter is so nerve-wracking when we
just want to get her (and him, if the shelter feels they are bonded) on
the way home. I'm not sure what the hold up is on their end, but I hope
they contact us asap so that we can get things moving. I want my baby
home!

I also run a shelter, the Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Assn
(www.ferretrescue.com). I have dealt with privately bred ferrets coming
into my shelter and have always worked with breeders to resolve the
situation. I understand both ends of this story and just want to make
things right.

I would also like to point out that FRES has the same requirement in
their adoption contracts that Vickie & I have in both our ferretry
contacts (and in my shelter contracts) - if the ferret cannot be kept
by the adopter, the ferret MUST be returned to us. Please put yourself
in our shoes and how you would feel if someone did this to one of your
shelter kids.

Breeze just celebrated her 3rd birthday last week and I hate that she
wasn't in her own home to do it :( Let's bring her home as soon as
possible, please?

Mary

Novel Beginnings Ferretry
http://www.nbferret.com