Date:
Sun, 15 May 2011 22:21:29 -0700
Does anyone know of a REALLY extra-wide ferret proof baby gate they
can recommend? I have a great baby gate for my house but we want to
get one for my boyfriend's house to block the entrance to his kitchen.
In the past we ve let them in there but have had to put 2x4's under
his cabinets and now found out that they can pull off the bottom of
his fridge and crawl under there :-0!! In my opinion ferrets should be
blocked from kitchens entirely as there's just too many hazards. They
also tend to like to go diving in the dog's bowl so would rather just
block them out of there. I don't have the exact width we need - he's
measuring it tomorrow. Just know it's more than 40" wide.

And for those that want an AWESOME gate that fits up to 40" - the
Supergate Clear Choice. It's wood framed with clear plastic and totally
ferret proof. Didn't have to add to it on the sides like I've had to
with other gates. Also very durable. I've had mine for over four years.

Laura