From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:24:36 -0800
First off, my name is Laura Holland not Lauri Holands.

Secondly
>I Have a demesticated calico and it is listed as a breed of cat.,
>theres A difference between the too, true breed and diluted

The domestic is NOT a breed of cat. It's a simply a cat of NO
particular breed. They also make up the majority of cats. Over 97%
of cats are simply "domestics". They're not mixes since cats were
domesticated thousands of years ago, breeds only in the last hundred
or so and unlike dogs, cat breeders tend to sell kittens altered (or
require it) and never allow crossbreeding.

Calico (also called Tortie and White) is simply a coat pattern of
Black, White and Red. There's also a dilute version where the dilute
gene turns the Red to Cream and the Black to Blue.

Again, my comment was that the black cats shown on the Cats 101 segment
as Bombays" mostly weren't. I have three TICA show cats and this has
been quite discussed on the TICA forum I'm on. I also know several
Bombay breeders and the Bombay is QUITE different from the look of
your average black domestic. Here's one
http://tica.org/public/breeds/bo/bo_a.jpg

If your Himalayan didn't have an "M" on its forehead then clearly
it wasn't a Lynx Point (tabby markings on the points) Himalayan. My
comment was that Cats 101 said that the "M meant Maine Coon" which is
doesn't. It's just simply part of the tabby pattern. My adopted Exotic
Shorthair has a Red Classic Tabby and White coat and an M on her
forehead. Pretty far from a Maine Coon!

I'm not sure what a Manax is. If you meant "Manx" well Manx because
they're pedigreed Manx from a breeder or just cats with short tails
you're assuming are Manx? Far more to the breed than just a short or
missing tail. Unless you have papers to prove otherwise your cats are
domestics. I also don't know what you mean by "distinted".

As for your cat that has both tabby markings and tortie colours well
the name for that is "Torbie". Your can compare her to the cat's coats
here
http://www.seregiontica.org/Colors/tortietorbie/tortietorbie.htm

Sorry to chat about cats on a ferret group but this person responded
to me publicly instead of emailing me privately with her comments so
I'm doing the same.