From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:49:33 -0500
I don't want to say that my Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns are spoiled, but....

I brought a large cup of their food to fill their food dish this morning.
Four of them (the other two sleep in a separate cage) sat there and watched
from the bottom of the cage, as I poured the food into their dish, which is
attached at the top of the cage on the top level.  Every eye followed me
every move, yet, none of them moved an inch to go get any food (there was
still some food in the dish, so they weren't starving or anything).  Since
the cup holds more than the dish does, there was some still left in the
bottom of it when I was finished.  A few stray pieces even bounced out of
the dish down to the lower level, but were ignored (for the time being).

Well, I started to walk away to pour the remainder into the bag, when I
noticed that they were all plastered to the side of the cage, staring at
me.  Not being a usual activity, I stopped to see what they wanted.  They
stared at the cup.  I stared at them.  I moved the cup.  They followed the
cup with their eyes.  I took a piece of kibble out and stuck it through the
cage.  They put on their boxing gloves and dooked it out with each other to
get the piece.  I quickly grabbed another...and another...and another.  As
long as I stuck piece through the cage, one (or more) of the fuzzies was
there to take it (very gently, though) and start munching!  In a very short
time, there was an empty cup in my hand.

They all seemed to notice that the cup was empty at the same time, as they
all then wandered off to various parts of the cage.  Only one of them (and
even *he* waited several minutes!) finally went to the top of the cage to
get more food!  The rest just sort of lounged around, looking totally
pleased with themselves for getting their provider to hand-feed them for
no really good reason at all! :)

I can just hear the whips cracking now!  What will they make me do next?

Oh...one other thing.  My baby, Fuzzer is one of those magic teleporters.
I put the tree up on a large dining table.  There is nothing even remotely
nearby (the closest chair is about three feet away...and about 2 feet
shorter than the edge of the table) to jump from and the table is
relatively slick, so even if one of the little fuzzbutts managed to jump
to the table, they'd slide right back off on the other side!  Yet...each
night, there is Fuzzer, looking guilty as a bank robber with a bag full of
money, sitting right in the middle of the table!  He hasn't been there long
enough to drag the tree down or bite the light cables, so no damage has
occured yet...but I've got to check continuously!  Lucky for me, none of
the others have learned that teleportation trick...yet!

Todd and the (Hey!  Slave!  Peel me some raisins...and be quick about it!)
Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
"users.success.net/toddl/"