From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:36:00 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled tube travellers...

I rescued a cute little guy on Saturday.  He's my first albino ferret.
The previous owner (one of several in a chain) guesses that he is about 3
years old.  To the best of my knowledge (and his), this little guy has
eaten only Meow Mix and has had no treats or supplements at all.  He has
also not had any shots and the guy claims that his is a whole hob (as
opposed to say, maybe, a 1/3 hob?  :))

In addition to all of this, though he was kept in a reasonably
decent-sized cage (which I didn't take, as I had no place to put it), he
was not provided with a litter box of any kind (they filled the bottom of
the cage with pine shavings), or litter.  He was also only allowed very
short (about 20 minutes per day) periods out of his cage.  He was (as far
as anyone knows) an only ferret, as well.  He is quite friendly and will
tolerate being held for several minutes (though he squirms a bit, he won't
force his way down).  No biting or nipping has been seen or experiences...
not even with socks!

Anyhow, I paid the man and brought this little guy home.  Yes, he is a
male.  As far as to how *much* of him there is, I don't know and that
will have to wait until I get to the vet.  He apparently is a very smart
ferret, though, as he figured out exactly what a litter box is for (to
those with ferts that don't know what a litter box is--neener neener
neener!) and uses it (no deposits on his newspaper on the bottom of his
new home).  He was also allowed out for a few hours to roam around and
check out the house.  No hidden deposits or wet spots!

He doesn't know what FerreTone is all about, but likes FerretVite.  He
also isn't all that crazy (yet!) about Bandits Ferret Treats.  He isn't
at *all* comfortable (yet!) with other ferrets (he and Chewy went at it
like...well...cats and dogs!).  Everyone took their turns climbing all
over his cage to "check out the new guy", but no arguments ensued, so for
now, everything is OK.  He is a healthy weight, has energy and curiosity,
his eyes look good, his fur is soft and there are no lumps, bumps or
el-e-fonts to be found on him.

Other than his shots and seeing if he needs to be fixed, I don't think
there is anything he really needs (other than how to play well with other
ferts!) before becoming available for adoption!  If anyone has any
advice--oh...no ticks or fleas were found, either and his poopies look
normal.  Other than flourescent-purple urine (just kidding!!!), I saw
nothing out of the ordinary for him.  Is there are definite reason to
have a hob fixed, if he is otherwise healthy, happy and whole?

Also, I'm looking for a name.  He was called "Scooter" before, but
apparently never realized it.  The floor is open for discussion! :)

Todd and the (Grand Central Station!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/