From:
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:49:05 -0700
>From:    Lady SongSpring Ishanna <[log in to unmask]>
>... He is pooping pretty normal, no wierd colors, no difficulty... just
>seems to not want to eat that much.  He eats what he has to, then dumps the
>rest of the bowl.  Between him and Dizzy (she digs out the other food bowl)
>I can't keep a dish filled!  Any suggestions on that?
Ishanna,

As a brand-new almost-mom, I'm hardly an expert.  I have tho been doing
tons of reading on the web and off it.  I saw one suggestion (forget where)
on problem eaters, where you take a small rubbermaid container with a lid,
and cut a hole in the lid just big enough for the ferret's head to get
through.  Then poke 2 smaller holes in the side of the container itself so
you can tie it to the side of the cage.

This is supposed to make it difficult for the ferret to overturn the food
dish, or to dump stuff out, and the small hole on the top is supposed to
prevent or reduce digging and spillage.

I have never tried this and have no idea if it works. Good luck!

- Megan
--
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC LMT ( [log in to unmask] )