From:
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:08:05 -0700
The title of this e-mail says it all.  I'm out to rent an apartment, with 2
ferrets and 2 well-behaved cats.  Any words of wisdom or advice?

I would assume that as the popularity of ferrets grows, this will be a
growing issue... I just don't know where things stand.  I did meet one
landlady who would accept them, but unfortunately the location was just
wrong for me.  (I may end up going back to her and driving extra miles, if
in fact she still has the unit open.) I met another landlady who was in
fact a ferret owner but she wanted a lot of money for a cruddy apartment,
and another who was firmly convinced that ferrets cr*pped everywhere...and
most others were just plain old like "no pets" (standard phrase, even when
confronted with cats.) I can understand that a pet deposit might be
required, and that I might not get it back.  But that's not the issue.  I
need to get INTO a place!  And my cats (and ferrets) are well behaved.

Anyone own a rental unit on or near Whidbey Island, Washington???  Rentals
in that area are very hard to come by, regardless, even though it's a
buyer's market as far as homes go.  Weird.  I hate to think about trying
to complicate my life by buying a house right now, but...wah.

Any help/ideas would be immensely appreciated.  Oh yes, and I now have
photos of Grover and Onyx up on my website.  Whee!  :-)

- Megan
--
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC LMT ( [log in to unmask] )