From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 22:50:03 -0500
It seems that he who has no sin has chosen to throw a stone or two.  I have
really tried not to be a part of this discussion, problem, etc., but I've
decided that I need to say something.

I was contacted by Jim Higgins via e-mail to aid in his quest to take
Barbara Ludt "down a peg or two".  I know what's going on, and I've heard
what Jackie and Barbara are arguing about.  Out of respect for MYSELF and
others, I chose to stay out of this and offer nothing to anyone.  When Jim
contacted me, I respectfully and as tactfully as possible said I would not
get in the middle of this and advised that it would probably for the best
that he stay out of it as well and let Barbara and Jackie deal with things.

I am an understanding person and I understand that we are going to go to
the aid of our friends when they are under attack.  I have offered words
of sympathy, encouragement, and understanding to Barbara because she is my
friend and I will do anything for her.  She has helped me tremendously,
been a friend to me, adopted two ferrets to me, found a pup for my mom,
etc.  I have offered on many occasions to send money, food, etc.  to her
and the animals, and have been instructed more times than I can count to
send my supplies to other places or been told that what I did send her was
handed over to other shelters.

I am not writing because of Barbara and Jackie however.  I am writing about
Jim Higgins.  I will start by saying that Jim is good with ferrets and
I've seen him pick up a little ferret that was scared to death and biting
anything that got in its path.  Jim's touch and care immediately melted the
kit and he relaxed.  Jim has found many homes for ferrets that people have
dropped off to me at my home or I've been asked to come and get.  To his
credit, Jim is good with the ferrets and has a good knowledge of them.

With that said, I am afraid that it has come to my attention that he has
gone to the home of another ferret owner and threatened to take a few
ferrets from her home.  He had originally gone to her home to ask her to
support his "Take Barbara Down" quest.  She had refused and he became
angry.  Now, don't you think it's ironic that Jim would threaten the VERY
SAME THING he feels was done to Jackie and is threatening it to someone who
isn't even involved in the situation.  He's just angry she won't support
him and his crusade.

Jim is not being honest and he is just being mean and deceitful just to get
back at Barbara for whatever reasons he has.  We all have enemies.  I do,
too.  I'm afraid I have made more.

I am begging you all.  I am breaking my own rules for even writing this.
PLEASE let Barbara and Jackie handle this.  Let's not use the ferrets as
pawns in our own stupid struggles.  If someone wishes to offer money,
services, advice, or encouragement to these ladies, do so privately.  I
am asking that BIG put an end to this and bring the forum back to talking
about ferret care.

April Gallaty