From:
Lisa Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:40:33 -0400
>Annoyed with some of the postings on this forum...
>
>To whoever this applies to,
>
>I had a ferret who died and miss him a lot still, so I know how many of
>you feel, but don't you think it's going just a little far to talk about
>the rainbow bridge and talk as if they were your children?  I have a
>child and I have pets that are like a part of the family, but it is still
>not the same thing as an actual child.  Nor could a ferret ever replace
>a child.  I think some people are a little fanatical on this board if you
>don't mind me saying so....

Annoyed I can't even believe what I read.  We are not fanatical.
Fanatical are the people who took over 3000 lives a year and 2 days ago.
Fanatical are those that send chemical warfare through the mail.  I could
go on, but will not.  What we are is passionate about ferrets.  So I do
mind you saying so!

Did you every think that maybe these pets as you refer to them are other
peoples' babies.  What if someone cannot have children, so all that love
for a baby goes into a fur baby.  (remember there are many reason people
cannot have babies, ie-financial, medical, emotional, etc.) Even if they
can have children what gives you the right to call them fanatical?  Just
because some of us love our babies, yes babies, like they are children
does not give you the right to judge us.  And who are you to say that
our beliefs are strange.  You will find that many pet lovers, of all
different species, believe in the rainbow bridge.  What is wrong with
that?  It is a beautiful thing.  I find great comfort in knowing that my
babies are waiting for me.  That was the only thing that has gotten me
through many deaths.

You are probably annoyed by the mention of Sandee.  Well personally I
cannot read Sandee's post, they bother me and that is a personal choice
and never felt it necessary to mention it on this forum.  I simply skip
over those posts.  So instead of telling us what a bunch of fanatics we
are do what Mom always said -"If you have nothing nice to say, say
nothing at all"

Lisa & her 24 paws