Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:28:38 -0400
As my earlier message stated - my vet was perplexed as to what could be
wrong with Zeus and what could cause his severe onset of symptoms. We
requested he do a necropsy - not only so we could know what happened,
but so HE could be more educated and maybe if he should see this
somewhere else down the line - he may know what and how to treat
whatever it was. He was suprised that we requested that, and said - "I
don't like to ask people when they are grieving for their pet, people
tend to get very upset if I do, but I was trying to find a way to ask
you guys". We were suprised at that ourselves. He is doing the necropsy
free - and preparing Zeus to come home to be buried with hs brothers.
He also only charged us half price for everything he did. I think we
paid 50 bucks, total for the sugar test, twice - and the euthanasia.
We were testing sugar as we wanted to rule out diabetes. Come to find
out it was from the ferrevite he lapped up before going to the doc.
Wouldn't eat food - but what ferret will pass up the "vite"? We tested
his sugar awhile later and it was back in the 100's - so that ruled out
the diabetes. I'm still banking on stroke. We will know later today -
so I will either post later or in tomorrow's post, so everyone can
know.

Thanks for everyone's support. Remember to hug your fuzzies. Time with
them is so short....

Kim