From:
Eleanor Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 22:59:22 -0400
I don't know if anyone else has had this happen after insolinoma surgery
but I am a bit scared after my ferret, Wolf had surgery for insolinoma
today.  He made it through and she found 3 nodules, 2 @ 1/2" and
1 @ 1/4", 2 were under his stomach and 1 was almost into his small
intestines, she said she had to pull a bit to get it out.  She also did
not like the looks of a lymph node and did a biopsy to send out along
with one of the large nodules.  The problem is, she just called to inform
me that even though Wolf has been off of his dextrose drip since 1 p.m.
this afternoon, during surgery, his bg is climbing and now it is off the
charts at over 400!!!  She is hoping that it is temporary and will come
down as most do but yet concerned it is so high.  She said he could
possibly go diabetic due to so much manipulation of the pancreas.

She said he looks bright and he is eating though he is quiet.  My
question is, is this normal?  and can he become diabetic?  I am sick
to my stomach over this.

She will call me in the morning with an update and I am scared for him.

Eleanor and the 8 fuzzies