Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:22:02 -0500
Well folks, while I love having such praise bestowed on me by the
Petersen's (that is, their very nice comments on how biters don't seem to
bite me) I must admit that it is more to their tireless work that I didn't
get bit.

The three ferrets that I was warned about being biters are, in fact, very
loving and needing homes desperately.

Hawthorne is a former hob from the nasty back yard breeder in Illinois.  He
has been neutered and is quite unsure what to do with himself having never
been allowed to be a ferret before.  He is a big sable male that wears a
worried look on his face as he tries to figure out life with, well, you
know.  He let me hold him for well over half an hour.  He is timid, he
ran from two babies that are around what 8 weeks or so.  He needs ferret
company so he can learn what it means to dance and run and play but he
needs a home without a lot of competition for attention.  He is much too
sweet to live with the heathens at my house or he would be here now.  I
fell in love with him.  I know he will be a lovey dovey lap ferret for
someone who will hold him quietly and love on him.

Buttons, I was told, does not like strangers and will bite them.  I had
already extended my arm and while Sara was telling me this, he simply
walked up my arm to sit on my shoulder.  He is another big boy, sable, and
is a character.  He let me hold him quite a bit, but liked to climb around
on me and wanted to run around.

The third I was warned that she doesn't like to be picked up from out of
her cage.  I let her smell my hand and she allowed me to hold her.  She is
a cute little reddish brown sable with the name, I believe, of Cisco.  She
is timid and needs some patience and lots of understanding but I think she
is just so unsure about what is going on that she will really attach to the
lucky person who takes her home.

What the Petersen's didn't post was that I was knawed upon by my Miss Sugar
Magnolia's daughter.  she is a cute little albino that is full of spit and
vinegar.  She ran around with her foster sister, a cute champagne.  Sugar
refused her kit and was put in with another jill who just gave birth.
Anyway, Miss Sug's baby got mad at me for scruffing her when she chewed on
my foot too hard.  She didn't forget and when I picked her up a few minutes
later she chewed on my arm.  Didn't break the skin at all, but left one
terrific bruise.  Big ole purple spot about 2 inches across and I didn't
even have fun getting it either.  lol!  But she was just being a rowdy kit
and will turn into a sweetie just like her mother.

Mo Maggie and her Magnificent Mustelids