Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:21:01 -0500
Well it has been a long couple of days.  A very close friend of mine is
dealing with an abusive husband (soon to be ex) and was forced to leave
her home last night to stay with me.  Along with her came a 9 year old and
a 3 year old.

We both were very tired, scared and worried about the kids.  The older one
was very upset with some understanding of it all while the younger just
knew that stuff was different and he wasn't home.

But we shouldn't have worried quite so much about them.

The ferrets, who were put up in their room, got to be entertained by the
kids.  While we sat in the dining room talking to police and lawyers and
fielding calls from the husband, we could hear the sound of laughter coming
from the ferret room.

I would go in and check every once in awhile.  They both were playing with
the ferrets and putting boxes together for them, playing with the tunnels
for them, and busily rearranging their cages for them.

April has already learned many of their names.  She loves the way William
and Harry will dance like little crazy folk.  Delilah was crawling up her
shirt while she sat on the floor.

Robert was fairly careful for a rough and tumble little man, much better
than I had thought he could be.  But then, I talked to him and he is the
president of my fan club and my boyfriend.  But he would growl at them
trying to get them to dance around, after hearing me make heh heh heh
noises at them.

They wore the ferrets out completely.  The ferrets had several hours of
straight playtime.

The kids calmed down and released some tension in a positive manner.

Just goes to show how important these little guys are.  Oh yeah, much
better than the cats.  It is their personalities.  Uniquely ferret.

Maggie and the Very tired Mob