From:
Dragnfey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 00:46:03 EST
Hey Ya'll,

Daniel wanted a name, all I can say without knowing the little one is
Chocolate.  Or Mocha.  You did say sweet.  OK truffle.  OK, so it is pms
week and I want chocolate.  Sue me.

Actually, all my names for animals generally come from a very good baby name
book I have, _The New American Dictionary of Baby Names_. I wait until I see
their personalities, and choose a name that fits.

The names in my house, starting with mine (and yes it fits), Margaret Marie,
Ollie, Stan, Maxwell, Miss Stella, Miss Esmerelda, Owen, Angus, George, Miss
Maisie, Myrna Loy, Miss Sadie, Miss Delilah, Sampson, Nicky, Brock, Ranger
Rick, Freddy, Conan the Toebiter, Pookie Bear, Henry.

The felonious felines are Neko, Kane and Connor.

Some of the above were not named by me. But most were.

I know it is confusing with my name too.  hehe.  As a child, my Daddy called
me Margie, he hated the nick name Maggie.  When I was around 18 I decided to
use my full name, finally decided I liked it and it did fit.  However, my ex
picked up Margie, so although most of my adult friends called me Margaret,
he still calls me Margie.

Last year I was annointed with the nick name Maggie Mae.  I think it fits,
as do most folks, but it was given to me by someone I would rather forget
about.  So I go back and forth on using it, I like it, it fits, don't like
the reminder of who gave it to me.

I have noticed however, that animals tend to only come to names *they* like.
Myrna Loy is a perfect example.  She was a rescue, came with the moniker of
Dakotah.  Well, she refused to answer to it.  I tried 2 or 3 names,
including Anastasia but she still wouldn't answer.  Finally called out Myrna
Loy for the first time, she stopped and turned to face me.  So I believe she
decided her own name.

Mutating Maggie Mae and her Kids