From:
Susie Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 21:38:53 +0100
Funny Deena Canal's post should ask where everyone has gone and urge FMLers
to get involved again...

Brevard Ferret Lovers Rescue will be hosting a discussion for people
interested in working with the Florida Coalition for Rational Rabies
Policies following their regular monthly meeting this Saturday, July 12.
The meeting will be held at the Quincy's Restaurant in Casselberry (Orlando)
at 10 am.  As I have reported before, Florida is a kill and test state.
Last time the state was Michigan and the ferret was Kodo, the next time it
could be Florida and your ferret!

Marie Wallace, Chairman of FCRRP, who has been working behind the scenes on
this issue is scheduled to attend the meeting.  For those of you who may not
have the latest news: Rep.  Howard Futch has offered to sponsor the "Mina
Baxter Bill" named in honor of a young Central Florida girl whose ferret was
killed and tested after nipping a nurse.  This bill will require ferrets to
be vaccinated against rabies and will provide a quarantine period for
ferrets who bite or scratch.

I've been corresponding with some ferret owners from Florida privately about
attending this meeting and it looks already like we'll have a good turnout.
The meeting is open to everyone, we only ask that you please RSVP to me
prior to 8 am Saturday morning as we'll need to make sure that we set aside
enough seats for everyone.

This initiative needs the support of all Floridians if it is to become a
law! Please plan on attending this meeting!

We hope to see you there.

Susie Sherman
Trixie, Binky, Kodi, Rascal, Beasley, and Schmoo

rest in peace, sweet angels
Casper, IVAN!, pj