From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:41:30 -0700
First off, I'm sad to announce that I've lost Ringo, my eldest ferret.
He was 6 1/2 years old and up to just a couple of days before he died
happy and seemingly healthy. Vet said it was most likely lymphoma in
his liver.

Here's him as a baby and me explaining why he was "Ringo":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxG9B2D_zI

Ringo was my little b-ball wizard. Many of you may know of his "Ringo
tries out for the Globetrotters" video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6H-uGoXA6c

His b-ball skills were with him through his lifetime. This is him
Christmas before last:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUwIo_f6cdg

And just two months ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o43sVDfrAYc

He was also a medalist in the "Ferret Luge":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovd81KAM-o

And just three weeks before he died still doing his trademark upside
down tube travel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h8nkHArYWE

Ringo outlived two younger ferrets - Duncan and Johnny Rotten. He's the
only ferret I've had that lived as old as he did without being on meds
for cardiomyopathy, adrenal or insulinoma their last couple years of
life. So I m thankful that he lived happy and faded quickly free of
pain. He's also the last of my "purchased" ferrets. Before I moved to
Washington and started volunteering with Little Dudes Ferret Ranch I
had bought ferrets at at a store in Florida. Now my five remaining
ferrets are all rescues from Little Dudes. My dog and cats are all
rescues, too.

I go to Dr. Brent Johnson - Northwest Animal Care Hospital in Everett,
WA. Just East of I-5 near the Everett Mall -
http://www.nwanimalcare.com/
I just got a card in the mail yesterday with a bunch of animals on the
front and the Rainbow Bridge story inside.

And it's signed by everyone at the hospital:

"Ringo will surely be missed. I am so sorry, Laura. I love your little
ones and they will always live in your heart. Nicole"

"I am so sorry for your loss of Ringo. He was a beautiful boy and will
be missed. Please know you are in my thoughts. Erin"

"I'm so sorry for your loss. Sincerely, Donna"

"Laura my deepest sympathy on your loss of Ringo. He lived a long,
happy life because of you. Take comfort in memories of happy times
you shared. Ashley"

"My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sandy"

"Ringo knew heaven on earth with you! Nicki"

"Laura, my heart goes out to you at this very difficult time. Dr.
Johnson"

It's one thing that he's a vet very knowledgeable of ferrets. But
entirely enough that they treat my losing Ringo with such love and
compassion. Now THAT is the perfect vet.

Laura