From:
Stacey Schrier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:47:33 -0500
Hello everyone!  I was doing some research online trying to find out any
information that I could and ran across the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
also in Utah.  I have heard from others about this animal shelter.  The
website stated that they have no fewer than 1800 animals at one time and
that their mission is to make sure that animals in shelters and pounds are
not killed simply because no home can be found for them.  I could not find
anything on the website that states that they take ferrets but they do help
many various animals and hopefully, ferrets too.  It sounds very positive.
If they could possibly take in the animals until homes could be found, it
would get them out of the animal control agency s hands and get them into a
better environment even if it s only temporary.  That would buy us some
time so that homes can be found for all of these precious ferrets (unless
they would want to keep some of them).  I m also going to contact them
myself.  If I learn anything, I will post.

I have talked with Troy Lynn and she has reiterated the fact that we need
to be proactive and make something happen rather than close our eyes and
sit back and not do anything.  If everyone works together on this we could
very well make a difference and save these precious little guys lives.

I don t know if this shelter can help but since they promote helping
animals during time of need and work with different types of rescues I
thought it might be worth a shot.  If they get a lot of response by emails
and calls they may understand how important this issue is to the ferret
community everywhere (their contact information is below).  Thank you in
advance.

Stacey

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
5001 Angel Canyon Road