From:
Elayne Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:58:48 -0800
Ferrets bring so much joy into our lives, but because their lives are
so short it is hard to appreciate them as much as we should while they
are with us.  Because this is the time of year that we traditionally
sit back and reflect on the things that we are thankful for, it seemed
like the perfect opportunity to have an event dedicated to showing our
appreciation for the ferrets in our lives.  That is why the Cascade
Ferret Network is having a Ferret Appreciation Day.

You and your ferrets (healthy ferrets in secure carriers outfitted with
food, water, and bedding are welcome) are cordially invited to attend a
fun fund raising event to benefit shelter ferrets at the Cascade Ferret
Network in Portland, OR

Ferret Appreciation Day
November 24th, 12:00 - 5:00
CFN Central Facility (3025 NE Hoyt, Portland, OR)
503-231-0887, www.cascadeferret.org

Show your appreciation for your ferrets by participating in this event.
There will be lots of activities to give you the opportunity to create
gifts for your ferret such as a personalized stocking that you can fill
with a treat mixture created just for them from a smorgasbord of
ingredients, or construct a special toy, or make a ferret ornament.

Other special ways to show your appreciation for your ferrets include
purchasing a luxurious customized nest box for your ferret's security
(they love curling up to sleep inside these dark cozy boxes), or buying
the ready-to-use digging box filled with rice or biodegradable packing
peanuts, or picking out something from the wide variety of hand-made
sleep sacks and hammocks available.  There will also be cheweasel
products, Totally Ferret Treat packets, and lots of used supplies and
equipment (water bottles, travel/hospital cages, toys, leashes and
harnesses, carrybags, books, shampoo, deodorizer, etc.) available for
purchase.

Something ferret lovers will appreciate is a 2003 Ferret calendar
autographed by animal advocate Annmarie Lucas from the Animal Planet
show "Animal Precinct".  Annmarie said she is a ferret lover and doesn't
agree with the law banning them in New York City.

Something a ferret owner can never have enough of is nice photographs of
their pets.  We will have special holiday oriented props and set-ups to
get a nice ferret family portrait for the holidays.

One of the most important ways you can show your appreciation for your
ferret is by getting regular veterinary exams by an experienced ferret
vet and having your ferret tested for ADV.  Dr. Katrina Ramsell will be
present to give exams and draw blood for ADV testing through United
Vaccines.  Responsible owners need to know their ferrets' ADV status!

Help the shelter ferrets by participating in Ferret Appreciation Day.

Elayne Barclay
CFN Network Coordinator