From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 00:04:31 -0800
Hope everyone had a happy new year!  I should have explained a little
about Noodle's past, that may contribute to helping her.

Last febuary, she started showing signs of adrenal, hair loss at the
base of the tail, itchiness, and pot=belly.  I took her to the vet (A),
and she perscribed some medication thinking it may be allergies...we
found out it wasn't and so melatonin was perscribed....which didn't work
after a month and a half of force-feeding her pills...Just couldn't do
that to her anymore, so she had adrenal surgery in mid June by vet (B)
The vet said he opened her up and removed her left adrenal gland, and
found a small mass on her liver...which i didn't have biopsied (still
regret it) but he removed what he could.  After her surgery, around mid
July, she started re-growing her fur, got her stitches out, and got her
rabies/distemper shots, and the itchiness went away for about a month.
Then her fur started falling out again, and in October she went back to
vet (A) Who had x-rays and ultrasound done.  The x-ray showed a liver
that was 2-3 times a normal size, and the ultra sound showed an affected
right adrenal gland.  She had a needle test done to see what was causing
the liver to enlarge, and she pulled out about 3 cc's of a yellow clear
liquid...had no protein in it.  She believes it to be a fluid filled
cyst.  We could put her through surgery to remove the right adrenal
gland, but there's no telling what is causing the liver to enlarge, and
whether it would be human to wake her back up, so we decided that Lupron
would be the best way to go, untill she let us know when it was her time.

I checked on her this morning (31st) and by her food dish, I noticed what
looked like undigested diarreah...really seedey...I wasn't sure what end
it came out of, so I smelled it, and it smelled like it came out the
bottom end.  I went ahead and smashed the mucusey poo, and noticed what
it looks like when you have a sinus infection and you blow your nose with
seedey pieces in it (sorry for being so graphic!) so basically it looked
like a brown loogey, with some what appeared to be blood *snot* in it...
( i cant think of any other words!) I am keeping a close eye on her, and
if her poo continues like this, she will go see the vet on Friday.  I
felt her stomach, and her spleen feels very enlarged, and hard.  I will
keep you updated

-valerie, noodles, rosie, kokie, buckie, and mojo

oh, by the way, the ebay auction raised 32.50 for ferret haven by the
sea :) thank you mary-jo!

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /