From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:27:12 -0500
I'm sure everyone realizes this, but ferrets don't NEED treats.  They may
think they do, but they don't.  The only reason we give them treats is
because it makes US feel good.  If your ferret doesn't seem to like
anything but their kibble, don't stress out over it.  If you must give
them something, try Ferretone, Nutrical, bits of cooked chicken.  If they
like Cheweasels or Foamy Fries, go for it.  But don't bother with fruit
or veggies.

I have one ferret who will eat just about anything... Cocoa Puffs (don't
bother warning me about the dangers of chocolate - there's not enough
chocolate in a single Cocoa Puff to kill an ant), tortilla chips, muffins,
cheese, fruity-flavored parrot pellets (he scavenges these, I don't give
them to him), bread, chicken, pizza, and oh yeah, he'll chew on but not
bother to actually eat a dead mouse.  But I haven't given him anything in
recent memory except Nutrical or hairball goo on nail-clipping days, and
some Ferretone in a dish (shared by everyone including the cat).

I used to give raisins, sparingly, but it's been a few years since I've
done that.  Cheweasels are about the only thing I would bother with now,
alongside the Nutrical or hairball goo, and Ferretone.

Karen
Here the whole world
        (stars, water, air,
And field, and forest, as they were
Reflected in a single mind)
Like cast off clothes was left behind
In ashes, yet with hopes that she,
Re-born from holy poverty,
In lenten lands, hereafter may
Resume them on her Easter Day.
        -- epitaph of Joy Gresham, wife of C.S. Lewis
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.ferretwise.org